We are very excited to announce that effective, June 5, 2020, we will now begin to open our pools and increase the maximum occupancy for the Fitness Centers.
Thank you to each and every one of you for your patience and cooperation during the time that the pool has been closed and the fitness center occupancy has been limited. Vintage Realty Company continues to be committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and well-being of our residents and our team members as well. As the state transitions into Phase 2 of the re-opening guidelines, we want to keep you informed about our re-opening protocol as well. We will continue to take extra measures, including frequent sanitation of common areas, on Vintage Realty Company properties, and we still ask that residents call or email rather than visit our offices in person to limit as much contact as possible.
We are careful to be in constant compliance with the guidelines as set forth by The Office of the State Fire Marshal. Due to the release of new guidelines, the following are changes that will go into effect on June 5, 2020, until further notice:
- In order to abide by the 50% occupancy rule and the 6-foot social distance guideline, signs will be posted on the door of each fitness center with the occupancy limit. Machines may also be removed, repositioned, or taped off to ensure we are abiding by the distance guidelines. We ask that you adhere to the posted signage at all times.
- We will be cleaning and sanitizing the equipment throughout each day but will continue to ask each of you to do your part as well. Disinfectant wipes and/or sprays are provided in each fitness center, please ensure you are utilizing these materials before and/or after use.
- Maintenance will resume with quarterly pest control, inspections, etc. as per the property needs. If you are currently sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please ensure you let the office know once you are notified of a need to enter your home.
- Maintenance will continue to wear gloves and masks while working in your homes.
- Beginning on Friday, June 5, 2020, the pools will reopen to our residents only. Occupancy limits will be posted on the pool gate and we will not be allowed to exceed that for any reason. There will be a pool attendant present at the pool after business hours and on the weekends to ensure we remain in compliance.
- The following are the rules that we ask each of you to follow:
- Due to required limitations, we will not be allowing guests at the pool during Phase 2. If the occupancy limits are raised in the next phase, this will be reevaluated.
- Please consider limiting your time to 2-3 hours per visit to ensure each resident has an opportunity to enjoy the pool as well, especially during peak times.
- Please do not congregate in groups of more than 10 persons.
- Eliminate gathering at entry/exit points.
- We are excited to be able to open this amenity back up to everyone so let’s do our best to keep it open. If we have continuing issues with our residents making it difficult to stay in compliance with the current state laws, we will have to reassess this decision.
- Please understand that just as before, the pools will be closed due to inclement weather and reopened when the threat clears.
The spread of COVID-19 is a public health issue. To stay informed or ask questions, you should contact:
Louisiana State Department of Health (http://ldh.la.gov/)
For a complete guide on how to take steps to protect yourself and others, please see the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention.html).
We know the COVID-19 virus is causing great concern and we want you to know that we share that concern. Vintage Realty Company is taking the situation very seriously and is closely monitoring developments. We will adjust our operations further as needed and will keep you informed of any additional changes we make.
Your Community Management Team and Vintage Realty Company